ANTIOCH 101 is a one hour membership orientation class that will be held at least once each month. Everyone who indicates a desire to be a member of Antioch will be asked to attend Antioch 101. The next session is scheduled for Sunday, May 17th, at 11:00 AM. It will be held in Room 205B&C. Whether you have come forward during one of our services or just have an interest in membership, we would like for you to join us on the 17th. Children’s classes are designed for kids in the 4th grade and younger. General classes are for 5th grade through adults. Younger children can attend the general class with their family.
- May 17th – A children’s and a general class
- June 21st – A general class
- NEW ANTIOCH APP FOR SMART PHONES – On Easter Sunday we announced that we have developed a new app for smartphones for Antioch. This app will allow you to do lots of things straight from your phone: watch the live services; check out the different ministry opportunities for everyone from kids through senior adults; watch or listen to past sermons; check the calendar for upcoming events with links to RSVP or ask questions; receive push notifications from the church about important information such as cancellations or changes in services or events. The app is available for both Apple and Android phones. Go to your app store and search for “Antioch Conway” or click the following link: http://get.theapp.co/308d/ .
- MEMORIAL WEEKEND PICNIC – The annual Memorial Weekend church-wide picnic will be Sunday evening, May 24th, at 5:30 PM at the Conway Human Development Center Pavilion. The church will provide the meat, buns, drinks and paper goods. Everyone else will bring the condiments, side dishes and desserts. Make plans now to join us.
- CONNECT! is the name of the small group ministry here at Antioch. We have groups in Conway, Greenbrier and Vilonia. You can find more information by clicking here or you can pick up a sheet at the Visitor’s Center in the church atrium. If you have questions, please contact Bobby Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 329-5153.
- ASM GROUPS - Both the High School and Middle School ASM Wednesday evening groups will meet at their regular places and times this Wednesday. The high school group meets at 6:45 PM in the youth room in the 110 Building. The middle school group meets at 6:30 PM in the activity center at the main church building. For more information, contact Nathan Brewer at email@example.com or Stephen Castleberry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 329-5153.
- PERSPECTIVE – The college ministry’s meetings are on Wednesday evenings at 8:30 PM in the 110 Building. For more information, contact Shawn Hammontree at 329-5153 or email@example.com.
- AWANA meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM. AWANA is for children from 2 years old through the 2nd grade. For more information, contact Brian Ratliff.
- ROUTE 434 is Antioch’s ministry for 3rd & 4th graders on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM. For more information, contact Kim Tyler or Brian Ratliff.
- DIVORCECARE, DC4K AND SINGLE & PARENTING each meet on Wednesdays at 6:30 PM. Their new semester began on January 7th. Contact Randy Anderson for more information at 329-5153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LADIES BIBLE STUDY – The Ladies Bible Study group led by Toya Aultman has begun the study, “What Love Is” by Kelly Minter. This is a 7 week study that began Wednesday, March 25th. The letters of 1, 2, & 3 John were written to encourage followers of Jesus to remain faithful to the truth. Believers are challenged to look at contrasting themes such as walking in the light instead of darkness, truth versus lies and deception, loving God more than loving the world, and the meaning of true fellowship and community rather than shallowness. This study reveals not only the heart of John but also the heart of Jesus. The class meets from 6:30pm to 8pm at the former Natural Resource Center, now the 110 Building, across the street from the church. Childcare is available at the church. Books are $14 and are available in the class. To sign up for the class, contact Toya Aultman at email@example.com or Dawn Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A second study that will be available is “Breathe” by Priscilla Shirer. This is a 5 week study that began on Tuesday, March 31st and Wednesday, April 1st. One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all activities and busyness and just breathe. We are in bondage to busyness. We constantly strive to complete the limitless to-do lists that hinder us from experiencing all that God has for us. We miss the moments because we rush ahead to the next thing. By neglecting the time for tranquility, serenity and repose, we limit our Christlikeness and miss out on some of God’s greatest gifts. It is time for us to breathe and build margin into our lives for God. In the Old Testament, God instituted principles and laws that would transform the Israelites’ mindset. He didn’t just want them to be legally free; He wanted them to walk in the freedom and enjoy it. So God gave them many gifts, including boundaries in which to enjoy those gifts. Sabbath was intended as a gift, and it is still a gift to us today. If you are weary, worn out and exhausted, the concept of Sabbath will change your life. Session times are Tuesday mornings from 10:00 to 11:00 AM in the parlor, Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 PM in the parlor, and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 PM in the 110 Building across Middle Road from the main building. Childcare is available on Wednesday evenings only. Books are $11. To sign up or for more information, contact Dawn Moore 501-269-1210 or email@example.com.